Amazon.com Widgets

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lindsay Lohan, say something.


The 21-year-old actress plead guilty to driving under the influence, driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 per cent and being under the influence of cocaine in each of the two cases, and to one count of reckless driving.Police found cocaine on Lohan during both the arrests in May and July but the amounts were both below the 0.05 grams required for felony charges.Lohan, who is currently in a Utah rehab clinic, will also serve 10 days of community service and complete a drug treatment programme.She was placed on 36 months probation, is required to complete an 18-month alcohol education programme, pay hundreds of dollars in fines and must complete a three-day county coroner programme in which she'll visit a morgue and talk to victims of drunken drivers."It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs," Lohan said in a statement."I broke the law and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case," she added.Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers denied that the terms of the deal represented favouritism for the star of Mean Girls and Herbie Fully Loaded."She's getting what everyone else would get," said Meyers. If Lohan were to be convicted of another DUI, she would receive a mandatory 120-day jail sentence, Meyers said.In the May incident, Lohan crashed her Mercedes into a tree on Sunset Boulevard and was found to be over the alcohol limit and in possession of cocaine. She entered rehab shortly afterwards.
But soon after her July release she was arrested after chasing the car of her former assistant's mother and was once again found to be in possession of cocaine and over the alcohol limit. A woman who was a passenger in the other vehicle is suing the actress for assault and negligence.
Lohan initially denied the drugs were hers, but admitted the offence on Thursday.
"No matter what I said when I was under the influence on the day I was arrested, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself," Lohan's statement said. "I thank God I did not injure others. I easily could have."
courtesy:digital journal

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home